Standards in Trade Workshop for Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay
Oct 27-Nov 07, 1997 ( Gaithersburg, MD )
On October 27 - November 7, 1997, the National Institute of Standards and Technology hosted representatives from Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay for a Standards in Trade Workshop in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- To familiarize participants with U.S. technology and practices in metrology, standardization, testing and certification.
- To become more familiar with practices within Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay.
- To identify similarities and differences in our systems.
- To describe and understand the role of government and of the private sector in setting and using standards.
- To develop professional contacts as a basis for strengthening our technical ties and enhancing trade between our countries.
National Institute for Standardization
|Chile||Ministry of Defense|
|Chile||Superintendencio de Electridad y Combustibles|
|Chile||Empresa Nacional de Aeronautica|
|Chile||Asociacion de Industrias Metalurgicas y Metal Mecanicas|
|Chile||Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications|
|Chile||Ministry of Economy|
|Paraguay||National Institute of Technology and Standardization|
|Uruguay||Chamber of Industries of Uruguay|
|Uruguay||Instituto Uruguayo de Normas Tecnicas (UNIT)|
|Uruguay||Technological Laboratory of Uruguay|