- Standards & Trade >
- Workshops and Training >
Workshops and Training
Training for Government Agencies
NIST’s Standards Services Group (SSG) offers a variety of training opportunities for federal, state, and local government agencies on the fundamentals of documentary standards and conformity assessment. The goal of our training activities is to inform government staff on how they can use standards and conformity assessment to support their agency programs. Each workshop is tailored to meet the specific needs of the requesting agency. Full and half day workshops are available free of charge, as budget and schedules permit. SSG staff may also participate at relevant training events offered by other government agencies, upon request. To schedule a training for your agency and to learn more about this training program please contact Mary Jo DiBernardo, email@example.com
Standards In Trade Program
Program Purpose: The Standards In Trade program helps U.S. industry overcome trade and business challenges that can be caused by restrictive documentary standards, by difficult conformity assessment procedures (such as testing requirements), or by measurement-related issues that could limit market access.
What We Do: The Standards In Trade (SIT) Program
- Convenes stakeholders: Through workshops, seminars, webinars and meetings SIT brings together representatives of U.S. and foreign governments, business and industry, standards developers, and other technical experts to explore topics of mutual interest;
- Shares knowledge: SIT develops and shares information resources and technical information;
- Provides advisory services and consultations to US and foreign governments
Through these activities the Standards In Trade program aims to achieve
- Increased global trade and U.S. exports
- Greater alignment of standards and conformity assessment procedures globally;
- Greater recognition and acceptance of US standards and product certifications; and
- Establish and strengthen links between US government and private sector organizations with their counterparts in other countries to achieve effective collaboration and successful business opportunities.
Over fifty workshops and educational seminars for domestic and international audiences have been offered since 1995. Browse the online archive of SIT programs to see the various topics addressed and the global reach of the Standards In Trade Program.
Program staff welcome your suggestions on topics that might be addressed by the Standards in Trade Program. Please contact Pat Harris or Erik Puskar to discuss your challenges and needs.
Soup to Nuts – The Ingredients that Make the NIST Quality System a Success
Sep 13, 2016 (Gaithersburg, MD )
Event Organizer: NIST Standards Coordination Office
The Changing Competitive Environment: Standards and the Digital Economy/IoT – Implications for Policy and Teaching
Sep 08-09, 2016 (Cambridge, MA )
Event Organizer: NIST, Northwestern University Buffett Institute
Setting Standards: A Simulation Exercise in Strategy and Cooperation in Standardization Processes
Jul 25, 2016 (Gaithersburg, MD )
Event Organizer: NIST
Fundamentals of Standards and Conformity Assessment for Federal Agencies
Jun 23, 2016 (Washington, DC )
Event Organizer: NIST